Hand selected wines
Free delivery on all orders over £150

2021 Rioja Tinto Crianza, Cerro Añon, Rioja

£14.25 inc. VAT

We’ve only recently discovered the charms of this outstanding Rioja producer, Cerro Añon, but the wines are certainly worth waiting for.

The entry level Cerro Añon red sets the tone for what their wines are all about – serious bang for buck. It is made from 90% Tempranillo with Mazuelo and Graciano making up the remaining 10%. The grapes are mainly sourced from Rioja Alavesa, with a little coming from Rioja Alta. It is aged for 14 months in a mixture of American and French oak with the barrels ranging in age from brand new to seven years old. It then sees a further 8 months in bottle before the wine is released.

You will be completely seduced by the dark cherry fruit that wafted from the glass and the classic Rioja vanilla is spice beautifully integrated. On the palate there’s plenty of sour cherry, ripe raspberry and a silky elegance that makes this incredibly moreish.

SKU: RSPR186 Categories: , , , ,


There are no reviews yet.

Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.

You may also like…