Hand selected wines
Free delivery on all orders over £150

2020 Villa di Capezzana, Carmignano, Tuscany

£33.50 inc. VAT

A delicious blend of Sangiovese and Cabernet Sauvignon produced on the organic estate of Capezanna in Carmignano.

Vines are situated at approximately 150-200 metres above sea level, facing south, south-east and south-west. Soils are schistous clay with limestone. 70% of the wine was aged in 3.5 hectolitre tonneaux for 12 months and the remaining 30% in larger barrels for 16 months. The wine was then blended and bottled before a further 12 months ageing prior to release.

Complex aromas on the nose of almonds, violets and oranges which are intertwined with aromas of coffee and vanilla. It is a full-bodied wine with well-balanced acidity. The rounded tannins from the Sangiovese are lifted by the cassis concentration of the Cabernet on the long, concentrated finish.

“Silky and refined…wow.” 94 points, Vinous.com

A top wine from a top vintage.


In stock


There are no reviews yet.

Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.